Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
At Boston Children’s Hospital, great things happen everywhere you look. We’re deeply committed to creating a best-in-class work environment at all levels that includes the opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enjoy the resources and freedom you need. Make our next success story your own.
This Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in the CICU will be responsible for:
• Providing care to infants, children, and adults with congenital and acquired heart disease.
• Collaborating with the supervising physician, to conduct patient assessment and medical history, physical exams, and diagnose health and developmental problems.
• Caring for patients with both acute and chronic disease by managing therapeutic regimens according to approved guidelines.
• Participating in the intensive care unit medical rounds, including the presentation of clinical information and the progress and management of patients.
• Assisting with establishing a treatment plan and be included in all teaching activities conducted by the CICU attending staff.
• Completing bedside rounds at the end of the shift with the senior clinical fellow and the fellow on-call for the CICU to complete sign-off and update management plans.
• Participating with ongoing research in the CICU, and offering expertise as a consultant and educator to nursing staff.
To qualify, you must have:
• A Masters of Science Degree in Nursing (MSN).
• PNP/FNP license, BLS, and PALS/ACLS certification.
• A minimum of 5 years of RN experience in a pediatric CICU.
• The ability to work some holidays, nights, and every 4th weekend rotation.
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 for full-time NP hires (who have not worked at BCH in the past 2 years.)
For hires made after 11/3/21.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.