Clinical Technologist (Microbiology) Role in NY
Microbiology Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Under supervision, performs a full range of services in branches of Microbiology, Diagnostic Immunology and Molecular Nucleic Acid Amplification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs clinical testing in laboratory areas in compliance with Federal, NYSDOH, CAP and TJC standards.
- Obtains laboratory specimens; performs tests, and obtains data.
- Works independently and organizedly, records and files all data obtained.
- Ensures the collected specimens are acceptable for prescribed tests.
- Prepares, stains, and reads smears and performs culture & susceptibility testing.
- Performs Molecular testing, rapid testing, latex testing and EIA testing.
- Provides guidance and technical training to the laboratory assistants.
- Enters essential data in the LIS.
- Reports critical value results promptly and documents them immediately.
- Ensure Calibrations and Quality Assurance.
- Performs preventive maintenance and related duties.
- Safe use and handling of bio hazardous substances.
- Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED.
- 1 year Microbiology Clinical Technologist experience required.
- Primary Source Verification required, BLS preferred.
Share this Job
Apply to Job
We connect clinicians with hospitals directly, bypassing external staffing agencies or recruiters.
Earn more money