Competitive Pay for Histotechnician !
Under supervision, prepares tissue specimens for examination; dehydrates, blocks, cuts, stains, and mounts tissue specimens; and performs related work as required.
The techniques, methods and procedures used in dehydrating, blocking, cutting, staining and mounting tissue specimens, terms used in a pathological tissue laboratory, the danger of hazardous chemicals and proper disposal of them.
- Tissue fixation,embedding, staining and processing (including cytological specimens).
- Files microscopic slides, paraffin tissue blocks and laboratory pathological tissue reports.
- Operates tissue processing, H&E and IHC equipment
- Picks up surgical specimens from surgery and grossing it under supervision.
- Provides and promotes excellent customer service for all internal and external customers
- Assists the Pathologist at the surgical pathology table, autopsy table, in frozen section and estrogen receptor procedures as required.
- Coverslips slides and screens control slides.
- Prepares special staining solutions and performs special staining tests (including immunoperoxidase).
- Inventories and orders supplies and performs other related duties as required.
- Completion of an associate degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution or any equivalent course required.
- Completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved by the ABHES and the CAHEA or other organization approved by HHS
- Minimum six months experience in a histology laboratory required.