Critical Care Intensivist (w/ neuro-critical training). New grad friendly
Psychiatry & Neurology San Jose, CA
As a member of Good Samaritan Hospital's Intensivist Team, you will learn the skills necessary to improve quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance through the implementation of standardized, evidence-based practices; implementation of Intensivist led multidisciplinary rounding and measurement of process and outcome.
We are ideally looking for Critical Care medicine board certified physicians through Internal Medicine/Surgery/Anesthesia with the additional certification or board certification for neuro-critical care.
The physician led group offers strong leadership at the national, regional and program level. Our commitment to learning and development ensures that you are provided the tools necessary to continue to develop your skills to reach your highest potential.
Good Samaritan Hospital, a 474-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, has been delivering elite level care with compassion since 1965. Its two locations include the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California.
• 24/7 coverage model
• 12-hour block shift schedule with dedicated time off
• 37 ICU beds - 20 Neuro/Med/Surg/17 CVICU
• CV does 150-200 cases per year; TAVR; STS 2-star program; no EMCO or LVADs at this time
• Well known intensivist program for Neurocritical Care; comprehensive stroke center; neurointerventional physician on site
• Outstanding, shift-based compensation that should exceed the 75 percentile
• Annual CME allowance
• Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
Education Training and Experience Required
• MD or DO
• Must be Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine
• Must meet Neurocritical care competency – Board Certification in Neurocritical care preferred, and ENLS required.
• Experience with Cardiac Critical Care also preferred.
• Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area
• Ability to work as a team member
• Must have commitment to excellence in clinical service and be forward thinking
• Excellent communication (written and verbal); strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
ICC Management Model
The Intensivist Program at Good Samaritan is managed by ICC Healthcare, the leading Intensivist group in the country. ICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare prides itself on our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions that improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• The physicians who work with our program have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
Apply to Job
We connect clinicians with hospitals directly, bypassing external staffing agencies or recruiters.