Clinical Technologist (Blood Bank) role in NY
Blood Bank Technologist
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Sign Into see complete details
Responsible for performing and assessing clinical laboratory tests on specimens for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes in a timely manner. Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of Duties.Works independently under general direction to address laboratory needs as the occasion arises.
- Processing of Chemistry specimen from pre- to post-analytical phase
- Receipt of Samples, Accessioning into Chemistry.
- preventive maintenance of centrifuges and pre-analytical analyzers.
- Prepares specimens to be tested; Performs manual and automated tests on blood, urine and body fluids according to established laboratory procedures.
- Analyzes, interprets, and reports test results.
- Follow laboratory Quality Control procedures to ensure the overall reliability of test results.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Efficiency in adapting to changes in order to facilitate adequate staffing and effective demonstration in identifying and acting on priorities in a timely manner.
- Participates in in-services, continuing education courses and complete 12 CE credits per year.
- Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED.
- 1 year Blood Bank Clinical Laboratory Technologist experience.
- Primary Source Verification required, BLS preferred.
We'll be contacting you regarding your application on the phone number provided.
Note: Your information will never be shared without your permission.