Exciting Opportunity for NeuroSciences Registered Nurse (Sign-On Bonus) in White Plains, NY
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Days Varied with on call
Sign On Bonus: $20,000
Salary Range: $110,052 - $145,113
- The Neuro Interventional Surgery Nurse's role requires a high level of knowledge, expertise, and independence because the department provides services to a wide variety of patients with diverse needs and about whom information may be limited.
- The Neuro Endovascular Nurse provides critical nursing care to the neurovascular patient while assisting the Neuro Endovascular Surgeon and Vascular Surgeon in performing diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- They closely monitor the patient for complications, administer medications including moderate sedation, document the procedure, and may circulate or scrub into procedures.
- Neuro Endovascular Surgery nurses also play an important role in communication and patient education both pre and post-operatively.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Prepares patients for procedures by checking vital signs, medications, NPO status, lab results, and medical history.
- Provides education to patients and family members about the procedure and plan of care.
- Inserts and removes intravenous lines, access ports, and CVCs.
- Administers medications, including moderate sedation.
- Monitors patient patterns and vital signs during procedures.
- Ensures patient safety and comfort throughout the process.
- Circulates/scrubs procedures as needed.
- Provides post-procedure monitoring for complications and symptoms.
- Manages complex Neuro cases, vascular, trauma, imaged-guided biopsies, catheter placement, vascular access, and more.
- Cares for patients on ventilators, A-lines, conscious sedation, capnography, Ramsey score, and ventriculostomies.
- Monitors patients in MRI with pacemakers in conditional mode.
- Assists in transitioning IV medications for inpatient nurses.
- Assists with contrast reaction management.
- Educates and supports patients undergoing imaging procedures.
- Assists with other services as required.
- Performs related duties as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration
- Baccalaureate in Nursing (BSN) required for all external RNs hired on or after January 1st, 2018.
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in the rendering of patient care.
- At least two years of acute care RN experience in Critical Care
- AHA BLS, AHA ACLS, AHA PALS
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance