Exciting Opportunity for Ultrasound Technologist in NY
New York, NY
Prepare and position patients appropriately for ultrasonic examinations. Sets-up, operates and maintains ultrasonic diagnostic equipment.
- Properly identifies patients prior to start of procedure and maintains quality patient care considering their comfort and emotional needs.
- Interacts courteously and respectfully with all contacts and willingly contributes to the team approach
- Reviewing ultrasound orders against physicians' referral or patient medical records to ensure appropriate procedure.
- Explains procedure and answer the questions competently to patient and family members prior to the procedure and keep them informed throughout the process
- Interfaces with patient, staff and physicians both within and external to the department to facilitate the improvement of the patient experience and Work continuously to improve Press Ganey score.
- occasionally moves objects or patients with assistance.
- Performs ultrasound procedures,which may include abdominal, OB/GYN, neuro-s Patient Care oncology, pediatric, portable, vascular Doppler, operative and biopsy.
- Records patient history, pertinent clinical data, unusual conditions/limitations affecting outcome of examination and prepares written preliminary findings for submission to radiologist.
- Consistently completes vascular worksheets and vascular preliminary Report for submission to vascular surgeon.
- Practices sterile techniques related to the scan heads and prevents cross-contamination during special procedures and keeps the room/work station neat, orderly per IC & department standards.
- Notifies supervisory personnel of shortage of supplies, unusual situations, infection control deficiencies or unsafe working conditions.
New York (Sleepy Hollow/Bay Shore/Lake Success)
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technology program, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
- Must have 3-5 years experience
- ECHO and Stress ECHO exp preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years hospital experience as an Ultrasound Technologist or Sonographer, required.
- At least 1 year OBGYN experience preferred.
Share this Job
Apply to Job
We connect clinicians with hospitals directly, bypassing external staffing agencies or recruiters.
Earn more money