Rolling Hills Clinic
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
Under the general supervision of the Medical Director, the Board Certified Physician is responsible for providing high-quality primary care services by diagnosing patient conditions using but not limited to, analyzing reports, test results, medical records, immediate-family histories and including examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
The Clinic Physician’s role will be responsible for assessing and diagnosing patients in any of our clinic locations while providing healthcare services that meet state and national Standards of Care. The Clinic Physician will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medications, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues in an effort to prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. The right candidate will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals and consistently respect the philosophy of Rolling Hills Clinics (RHC). The Clinic Physician will also assist the Medical Director as a preceptor and professional supervisor to the mid-level providers.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Effectively supervise/oversee Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Medical Assistants as necessary.
2. Be able to attend to 16-22 patients per day.
3. To work cohesively as a health care medical team by assisting other providers in completing their responsibilities as necessary, i.e. covering vacations and seeing patients, processing refill requests, following-up on referrals, covering telephone encounters and document in-bubbles/inbox.
4. Display the highest level of professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic, serving as a model for all clinic staff.
5. Maintain requirements of licensure, DEA certification and board certification. Fulfill and maintain requirements for credentialing, privileging internally at NAHC and externally with payers and regulatory bodies.
6. Provide comprehensive, high quality medical services to patients, regardless of age, sex, gender identification, income, national origin or language.
7. Consider individuals’ cultural, psychological, social and environmental factors in creating treatment/care plans.
8. Actively participate in meetings as assigned by medical director.
9. Participate in trainings of other medical personnel as requested.
1. Must hold MD, or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
2. Must hold a valid California State Physician and Surgeon License.
3. Must be Board Certified or Board eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine or other full scope Primary Care Specialty.
4. Current DEA license.
5. Current CPR certification and ACLS certification required.
6. Excellent communication and written skills. Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task effectively.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
8. Ability to work well under pressure analyzes and evaluates individual member’s needs, reach sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
9. Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task effectively.
10. Demonstrated experience in the delivery of primary care.
11. Demonstrate clear knowledge of Rolling Hills Clinic structure, standards, procedures and protocols.
1. Three (3) years of experience working with a community clinic is highly desirable.
2. Established leadership skills.
3. Bilingual in Spanish.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
Pre-employment Drug Testing and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance through Federal, State and Child Abuse Index is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
A pre-employment Physical or Fit for Duty Exam is required upon hire. You will be required to provide vaccination records to show proof of immunity for TB or PPD, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, TDAP & Hep B. If the records are more than 10 years old, titers are required to confirm immunity.
COVID RAPID TEST REQUIREMENT
To protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic, you will be required to obtain a COVID Rapid Test onsite prior to date of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.