Kinston Community Health Center is seeking a Family Practice Physician. This is a Permanent assignment. Start Date: ASAP
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Satisfactory professional references.
- Completion of an approved 4-year residency program.
- Board certified or Board eligible
- Must have an active license to practice in the State of North Carolina.
- Experience: Will accept new grads.
- No Visa Applicants
- MUST see all ages, including newborn
- Complete health risk assessments as a foundation for developing individualized care plans and outcomes goals for patients and their families
- Staff physician shall follow the correct OSHA and HIPAA guidelines and take measures to ensure that these guidelines are followed in the clinical work areas
- Research, find, and link patients to resources, services, and support mechanisms for their care plans and self-care management needs
- Meets productivity and billing goals set by the organization
- Document each patient’s individualized care plan and care coordination in the Practice’s electronic health record (EHR)
- Conduct and document assessments of patient needs and resources for effective self-care management
- Provide timely communication with patients, make inquiries, execute follow-up actions, and help to integrate information into the care plan
- Makes appropriate referrals to those that require specialist services and conducts proper follow up to assure that continuity of care is provided
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of a Quality Assurance plan or Performance Improvement for the Center
- Attends all medical staff meetings
- Engage patients, patients’ families, and their caregivers in understanding, setting, and monitoring patient self-management care plans in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the patient and caregiver
- Demonstrates proficiency in the utilization of the EHR and provide timely completion and maintenance of patient charts as per Center policy
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary teams with activities to include participating in daily coordination of care of clinic patients with assigned certified medical assistant
- Apply the principles of comprehensive, community based, patient-centered, developmentally appropriate, and culturally and linguistically appropriate care coordination
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and respect for patients, patients’ families, and co-workers in professional appearance
- Participate in continuing professional growth through attendance at workshops and professional in-services and through individual research and reading, to include communication skills
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the health center to meet the goals and objectives of the Center
- Completes all other duties as assigned to include Practice and perform administrative functions
- Mon-Fri 8a-5p
- No Call, No Holidays, and No Weekends
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401 K Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Federal and state loan repayment through the NC Office of Rural Health and the National Health Service Corps.
- Continuing Medical Education Professional Development
- Corporate discount rates for Health Club memberships and more...
About the Client: Kinston Community Health Center, Inc. (KCHC) is a non-profit primary care, multi-specialty health organization offering a continuum of medical and human services to those in need. We are an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse workforce. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about serving people and who are dedicated to making a positive impact on the community.
We believe in growing and promoting a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, designed to help employees meet various needs throughout their careers and lives. Please apply here or contact me with any questions
About Kinston, NC: Kinston is located in eastern North Carolina and is equal distance between the Raleigh-Durham metropolitan area and the beautiful Atlantic beaches. It’s the perfect place to raise a family while building your professional career.
Please apply here or contact me with any questions