General Surgeon needed for ongoing locums in Tampa!!
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated General/Bariatric Surgeon to join our healthcare team in Tampa, Florida. This position is initially available as a locum opportunity with the potential for a permanent role. As a General/Bariatric Surgeon, you will play a crucial role in performing surgical procedures on designated surgery days, primarily Thursdays, and contributing to the overall success of our surgical program.
• Surgical Expertise: Perform a variety of general and bariatric surgical procedures, including but not limited to appendectomies, cholecystectomies, hernia repairs, and bariatric surgeries. Ensure that all surgeries are conducted with precision and adhere to the highest medical and ethical standards.
• Surgery Day Commitment: Attend scheduled surgery days, primarily on Thursdays, to perform the designated surgical cases. Be prepared to handle a range of surgical procedures efficiently and effectively.
• Patient Care: Provide compassionate and comprehensive care to surgical patients, from pre operative evaluations to post-operative follow-ups. Monitor patients' progress and manage any complications effectively.
• Collaboration: Collaborate with anesthesia providers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to ensure seamless and safe patient care during surgery and throughout the perioperative period.
• Case Review: Review patient medical records, imaging, and test results to develop surgical plans tailored to each patient's needs. Discuss surgical options and risks with patients and obtain informed consent.
• Quality Improvement: Participate in quality improvement initiatives, including reviewing surgical outcomes, analyzing data, and implementing changes to enhance patient care and safety.
• Medical degree (MD or DO) from an accredited institution.
• Board certification in General Surgery.
• Additional certification or experience in Bariatric Surgery (preferred).
• State licensure to practice medicine in Florida.
• Proven experience in general and bariatric surgery.
• Excellent surgical skills and a commitment to patient safety.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Dedication to continuing medical education and professional development.
• Ability to maintain a consistent presence on designated surgery days.
• Pay $200-230 per hour
• Malpractice coverage
• Online timesheets
• Weekly payroll