Histology Technician | High Paying | NYC
Certified Histological Technician
Sign Into see complete details
Under the general supervision of the Technical Supervisor, who is certified by the Board of Pathology and performs cytological evaluations of specimens in accordance with the departmental testing procedures and policies, and the Assistant Director and the Director, this individual supervised the section of Histology / Cytology Laboratory and performs a full range services as assigned.
- Adheres to all relevant corporate, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures governing clinical laboratory services.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in delivering a comprehensive range of laboratory, scientific, technical and diagnostic services.
- Communicates pertinent information to laboratory management.
- Provides leadership in laboratory operation, allocates all resources efficiently, manages personnel effectively.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe and proper practice in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment and ensures timely actions in the laboratory.
- Checks and monitors that quality control is performed and recorded; assures that all remedial actions are taken if necessary.
- Monitors that proper record keeping practice is maintained (includes storage and retrieval of data).
- Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED.
- Primary Source Verification required, BLS preferred, and 1 year Histological Technician experience.
We'll be contacting you regarding your application on the phone number provided.
Note: Your information will never be shared without your permission.