Directshifts is looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner in Soldotna, AK.
Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Work Week: Scheduled in the clinic 40 hours per week, but may be required to work longer hours to ensure tasks and duties are accomplished in accordance with roles and responsibilities.
Wage Classification: Exempt – Professional
OSHA Risk Classification: High
- Sign on bonus, AK licensure reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO, floating holiday, CE time off and funds, paid holidays, life insurance, AD&D, long/short term disability, 403b, jury duty, volunteer time, access to NHSC and State of Alaska SHARP loan repayment program.
Summary Position Statement
- This position exists to provide family practice medical care to our patient population.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities Of The Position
- Evaluate and treat patients within the privilege range granted by the Board, and within the scope of training, capabilities, and license criteria as a health care provider.
- Be a patient advocate.
- Coordinate health promotional activities.
- Provide patient follow-up as necessary for continuity of care.
- Coordinate care with other health care providers when referrals are necessary.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely documentation regarding patient contacts within (EMR) patient charts.
Team Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume a leadership role for a primary care team
- Analyze population data to identify high leverage interventions with their patient panel.
- Assist in facilitating coordination of care
- Develop and implement a plan of care and recommend interventions to attain optimal patient function
- Effectively utilize electronic health record (EHR) to document clinical activity and manage patient population
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other members of Care Team
- Participates in Care Team training and learning activities
Other Duties & Responsibilities Of The Position
- Conduct support groups in subjects related to physical and emotional health.
- Apply computer techniques to support EMR patient record entries.
- Understands and supports the concept of the Chronic Care Model and the Health Disparities Collaborative.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
- National Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Masters degree in nursing (would consider Bachelor degree and 5 years experience.)
License: Maintain an active RN & Nurse Practitioner license with the State of Alaska.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in a clinic setting.
Vaccines: Must show proof of COVID vaccine due to Federal mandate unless legally exempt.