Hiring Phlebotomist | Part-Time| White Plains, NY
Department: Lab Phlebotomy
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Hours: Varied Sched. (PT, 7 AM-3 PM) - rotating w/end & holidays
Salary Range: $40,836.90-$61,255.16
Department/Location: Department of Laboratories
FLSA Status: NE
Reports to: Phlebotomy Supervisor
- Obtaining blood specimens (where applicable to a specific position) from patients for laboratory analysis, observing protocols and methods established by the Department of Laboratories, including the accessioning routine for proper identification and processing of such specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understand and adhere to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of department and hospital policies and procedures, ensuring their proper execution.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Complete competency requirements.
- Maintain a safe environment and use universal precautions.
- Possess the ability to obtain blood or other specimens using various techniques on all age groups.
- Be proficient in using the laboratory information system and hospital information system (where applicable).
- Ensure supplies are kept in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Make appropriate decisions independently and prioritize workload effectively.
- Inform management of any problems that arise.
- Uphold patient data confidentiality.
- Cross-train in ATC, MLW, Phlebotomy/Accessioning, and Blood Donors (where applicable).
- Provide information to pre-operative patients.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate or GED.
- Basic computer skills.
- In-service training on LIS and HIS computer systems Licensure:
- Phlebotomy Certification is preferred when applicable to a specific position. Experience:
- Previous phlebotomy experience when applicable.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment.
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance