Hiring RN Care Manager - Full-Time Role with Sign-On Bonus in White Plains, NY
Department : Care Management
Job Schedule : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hours: M-F 8A-4Por 9A-5P W/weekend rotation
Salary Range: $105,216- $145,113
Sign On Bonus : $5,000
- Perform the initial comprehensive assessment upon admission following the Care Management Department policy.
- Screen all patients using established tools for high-risk indicators (AIMS, Geisinger, polypharmacy) to ensure appropriate supportive services for high-risk patient populations to prevent readmission.
- Assess all patient populations for potential discharge planning needs.
- Continuously reassess patient needs throughout their hospital stay.
- Engage in Utilization Review (UR) activities in accordance with department policies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
- Completes a comprehensive initial assessment.
- Performs all activities for multidisciplinary care coordination at the intra-hospital level of care and inter-hospital level of care.
- Performs all transitional planning activities including but not limited to:
b.Arrangement of all aftercare
c.Commercial payer involvement
d.High utilizer patient root cause
- Communicates and collaborates all relevant patient information to appropriate health team members.
- Ensures department goals of LOS reduction, readmission prevention, denial reduction, and satisfaction improvement are realized.
- Documents per department requirements.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as needed.
- Performs all UR activities per department policy:
a.Commercial payer reviews
- Admission clinical review.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- BSN or related Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years clinical ED, critical care or med/surg experience required
- Previous case management experience preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare financial, regulatory, and payer issues preferred
- Knowledge of state, local, and federal programs strongly preferred
- Experience in use of Milliman/InterQual criteria
- Registered Nurse (RN) NYS license required
- PRI/Screen certification strongly preferred.
- C.C.M. (Certified Case Manager) certification preferred
- Computer skills essential
- Demonstrates ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to retain composure under stress and perform multitasking functions.