Intensivist Opportunity in Aventura, FL
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, Aventura, FL
Intensivist opportunity available at Aventura Hospital in Aventura, Florida with ICC.
(Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has joined HCA, one of the nation's largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for Critical Care Trained Physicians with experience leading teams and improving quality measures to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in Aventura, FL.
About ICC Healthcare
- ICC Healthcare employees over 350 providers in 45 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
- Last year, our providers had over 250,000 patient encounters nationwide.
- We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 165 facilities in 19 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
- The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
- Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
- We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
- We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
- Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA's commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
- Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
- Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
- Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
- Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
- Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
- Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities
Opportunity Specifics - Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
- 40-bed Critical Care Med/Surg, Cardiovascular (with ECMO) and Neurosurgery Unit.
- Closed ICU Model with mandatory intensivist consult for all patients
- Multidisciplinary model.
- Categorical internal medicine, transitional internal medicine, emergency medicine, surgery residency programs.
- ACGME-accredited pulmonary fellowship program approved, started July 2017. Pulmonary fellows to provide ICU coverage.
- 24/7 in-house Physician Coverage: 2 MDs day coverage/1 MD night coverage.
- 24/7 internal medicine resident coverage.
- Teaching responsibilities with hospital-based ACGME program
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center - Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is a 407 acute care medical/surgery facility providing award winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical, cardiovascular and cancer services to the communities of northeast Miami-Dade and southeast Broward counties since 1965. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is one of the few centers in Miami-Dade County to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the State Agency of Health Care Administration as well as a recipient of the American Heart Association's 'Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.' The 24-hour Emergency Room consistently maintains an average wait time of less than 10 minutes. Staffed by more than 700 physicians representing over 50 specialties and 1,300 employees, the hospital meets the healthcare needs of its neighboring communities through continuous program enhancement and service excellence.
Community Information - Aventura, FL
Aventura is a suburb of Miami best known for its shopping center, the Aventura Mall. Just a short drive over the William H. Lehman Causeway are the famous beaches of South Florida. Aventura is also home to Turnberry Isle Miami, a Mediterranean-style retreat with a culture of authenticity, spirited service and enriching experiences. The resort is renowned for its many world-class amenities, including two Aventura championship golf courses redesigned by Raymond Floyd.