Excellent Pay! Travel to NY City! For Med/Surg RNs
· The Registered Professional Nurse is
responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating and coordinating all
nursing care as defined by The New York State Nursing Practice Act.
Comprehensive Medical/Surgical nursing care focuses on helping each patient to
achieve their optimum health potential. This is achieved within the framework
of the nursing process. The Medical/Surgical Registered Professional Nurse is
responsible and renders services to Adult Medical/Surgical patients ranging
from 18 years and older.
· In accordance with professional nursing
standards and practices, the Medical/Surgical nurse will provide nursing care
to all patients with medical and surgical diagnoses.
· The Medical/Surgical Nurse is responsible and
accountable for the nursing care of the patients.
· Assesses patient’s physical, social and
behavioral, mental status through direct observation, interview, and medical
· Utilizes observational skills to assess
· Documents a nursing assessment to include
psychosocial, environmental factors, educational level and needs.
· Obtains and reviews available data base and any
data collected by other members of the health team (medical, surgical or other
history, physical exam mental status, therapist reports and community
· Identifies medical problems resulting from
mental illness and use of medications.
· Communicates findings with other members of the
health team. (Social Worker, Case managers, therapist, physician).
· Identifies and addresses needs for admission
based on acute medical and surgical diagnoses and presenting physical or psychological
· Identifies and addresses patient level of
education, learning needs.
· Makes appropriate referral to other disciplines
and documents same.
· Management of clinical skills in the provision
of nursing care and management of the patient including but not limited to:
· Identification of symptoms
· Management of the disease entity
· Treatment modalities
· Administration of medications
· Intervenes appropriately in medical and surgical
emergencies utilizing non-violent crisis intervention.
· Utilizes infection control procedures;
collaborates with the infection control department in preventing and
controlling infection control.
· Practices infection control: personal hygiene;
hand washing; and dress code
· Provides for psychosocial and educational needs
of all medical and surgical patients.
· Provides health teaching and medication
· Ensures that all procedures are performed based
on established standards of care
· Demonstrates competency in performing all
procedures within the scope of practice and in accordance with Interfaith
· Investigates and communicates all required
information regarding unusual occurrences or patient care incidents.
· Acts as a patient advocate.
· Revises the patient’s plan of care based on
evaluation of the interventions and expected outcomes in collaboration with
other members of the health care team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
· Minimum three (3) years' medical-surgical
nursing experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to communicate effectively in English
both verbally and in writing
Licenses and Certifications
· Current NY State RN License required.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
· Involves standing, walking, sitting, talking,
hearing and bending.
· May include some repetitive motions.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.