Specialty: Neurology Stroke, Neurology, Neurology - GME
Osceola Regional Medical Center in partnership with University of Central Florida is searching for a Board Certified (BC) Neurologist to work with the program, residents and stroke team.
As a Comprehensive Stroke Center/Neuroscience Center, we are able to provide a full range of services for the prevention, detection, treatment, and rehabilitation of stroke and other neurological disorders. We have dedicated units and beds for our stroke and neuro patients. We also provide a full continuum of stroke care with specialty trained neurology nurses, nurse practitioners, therapists, pharmacists, case managers, along with 24/7 Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Interventional Neuroradiology coverage for our stroke patients.
The Vascular Neurologist will work inpatient with the comprehensive stroke team along with achieving continuity of care by following patients after discharge in the outpatient clinic. We are looking for an academic vascular neurologist to provide supervision and teaching of residents and medical students. This neurologist will also serve as faculty or Associate Program Director of the Neurology Residency Program (depending on level of teaching/faculty experience and professorship) with at least 70% of time assigned to Direct Patient Care and 30% to Graduate Medical Education including Program Administrative /Supervision/Didactic responsibilities. Osceola Regional Medical Center & University of Central Florida COM have successfully built residencies/fellowships in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Emergency Medicine, OB/GYN, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Neurology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work independently as a member of the Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges, and provide clinical consultation and supervision to residents and other staff in the neurology residency program clinics.
2. Have dedicated time devoted to direct patient care (70%) and graduate medical education including administrative duties (30%).
3. Work with the Comprehensive Stroke team.
4. Assist the Director of the Neurology in the design, development, and implementation of the neurology program.
5. Hear and resolve complaints from multidisciplinary providers that pertain to any of his / her direct report providers.
6. Be directly involved in the training and supervision of Neurology Residents and Medical Students rotating through the Neurology Residency Program clinics and inpatient rotations.
1. Completion of ACGME-approved Neurology Residency.
2. Possess the requisite Neurology expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities in the field of Neurology.
3. Must be certified in the specialty of Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology along with vascular neurology or like sub-specialties.
4. Must be eligible for appointment to the Medical Staff of Osceola Regional Medical Center and must have an unrestricted license to practice medicine issued by the State of Florida.
5. Expected to hold a clinical faculty appointment with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine at the Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor rank. Preference to those with previous faculty experience in an ACGME residency and experience publishing papers or other scholarly activities.
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed level II trauma hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. It is centrally located in the heart of Kissimmee, only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. The Kissimmee area has pleasing family oriented residential communities with quick access to multiple theme parks and numerous cultural opportunities. Both the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico beaches are just a short drive away.