Nuclear Medicine Technologist Opportunity With Sign On Bonus $10,000 In White Plains, NY
Department: WPH CAMS - Nuclear Medicine
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Mon-Fri 9 AM-5 PM Alertnationg weekend and Holidays
Sign On Bonus: $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Salary Range: $73,019.12-$109,528.97
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging.
- Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists radiologists when needed.
- Prepares, operates, and cares for the equipment being used. Develops/processes film/CDs when needed.
- Adheres to established radiology “standards of care”.
- Applies principles of radiation protection, when appropriate to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and duties.
- Adheres to hospital wide customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance.
- Performs diagnostic and some special procedure medical radiographic images utilizing CT assistance.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of procedures
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepares and positions patients for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation.
- Produces high-quality technical images, reviewing completed exams for accuracy and completeness.
- Assists physicians during procedures as necessary.
- Performs equipment quality assurance, calibrations, and orders supplies.
- Works on-call, holidays, and various shifts to maintain department coverage.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas and reports equipment issues.
- Processes films or prints CDs when required.
- Manages routine office duties and patient information using Meditech or hospital systems.
- Coordinates patient transport to/from floors.
- Communicates reports to attending physicians and documents interactions.
- May serve as an instructor or preceptor.
- Demonstrates professional and courteous behavior, educating patients and families about examinations.
- Provides specialized care for diverse patient populations, including neonates, pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist must be a graduate of an allied health education and accredited radiography school or equivalent.
- NY State DOH Licensure required.
- ARRT certification and /or NMTCB preferred.
- CPR certified preferred
- Team work
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Judgment and decisions making skills
- Stress tolerance.