Grand Rapids, MI
Job Code NP: Nurse Practitioner
Site SITE - Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital - 100 Michigan St - Grand Rapids (LOC0331)
Location Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital
100 Michigan St NE
Business Unit Locum Tenens
Labor Type Scientific
Positions Requested 1
Respond by Date 06/20/2021
Travel Time 0.000 %
Time Sheet Type Time In/Time Out
Time Sheet Frequency Weekly
Start Day of Week Sunday
Hours per Day 12
Hours per Week 36
Total Hours 468.00
Estimated Additional Spend 0.000 %
Estimated Expenses 0.000 %
Flat Adjustments 0.00
Start Date – End of June
Reason for opening – 2 maternity leaves and 3 open positions (totaling 2 FTE)
Length of need – 3 months
Scheduling – 12 hour shifts, shifts start at 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m./6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., we would be looking for 3) 12-hr shifts per week. Most shifts will likely be nights and weekends
Call – no call, only shift work, Laborist in-house role. Busy practice.
Patients per day varies greatly, depending on criticality (divided between OB, residents and CNM), very high volume, average is 20-25 per day total, laboring patients is 5 on average, 2-3 inductions per day.
5-6 residents on the team during the week, 3 on the weekends
This is a teaching position, the residents do a wonderful job, very collaborative.
Candidate must be a team player and an excellent communicator.
Looking for minimum 3 years of experience.
Under medical direction, provides care to mothers and babies through antepartum, intrpartum, post-partum and neonatal phases the maternity cycle for the medically uncomplicated patient. Provides gynecological care including family planning.
• Functions in the role of advanced practitioner to coordinate comprehensive care delivery. Writes orders/prescriptions for standard formulary medications, diagnostic procedures and consultations, coordinating the services of multiple care givers / services in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
• Obtains histories and performs physical exams.
• Assesses the patient’s / significant other’s, health care team’s, school’s and other community educational needs and develops, implements, evaluates and revises teaching strategies/educational programs related to area of specialty.
• Acts as a patient advocate, crossing multidisciplinary lines to meet patient needs. Communicates, collaborates, networks with and acts as a consultant to other members of the health care team. Acts as a consult in area of expertise.
• Performs and assists with designated procedures.
• Documents in the medical record and dictates information as appropriate.
• Provides input into the strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of service/program.
• Initiates process improvement studies in order to measure the outcomes of care and evaluate services. Makes recommendations to improve the quality of patient care provided and utilizes the scientific method to research clinical problems.
• Required Master's Degree in nursing or health related field
• 3 years of relevant experience relevant clinical Required
• Successful completion of competency based orientation. Required
• Previous experience in a collaborative role. Required
• Previous nurse midwife experience. Preferred
• LIC-Registered Nurse (RN) - STATE_MI State of Michigan
• CRT-CPR - AHA American Heart Association
• LIC-Midwife - STATE_MI State of Michigan
* MI DEA
Two references (peer acceptable)