Nurse Practitioner - Adult ICU
At Boston Children’s Hospital, great things happen everywhere you look. We’re deeply committed to creating a best-in-class work environment at all levels that includes the opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enjoy the resources and freedom you need. Make our next success story your own.
Our 22-bed MICU cares for patients spanning the age continuum with diagnoses including respiratory failure, septic shock, cystic fibrosis, heart failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, metabolic crises, post-lung transplant, and patients with chronic medical complexity. Become an integral part of a team that believes in the value of personalized care and the power of multidisciplinary teams to provide the very best care possible to our patients and their families. We are a close knit group that is committed to empowering our nurse practitioners to participate actively in the bedside care of our patients and make crucial management decisions.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
• First-line care of patients in the Medical Intensive Care Unit, including assessment, diagnosis, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, bedside procedures, and family centered care of patients and their families.
• Consulting in an interdisciplinary manner on all assigned inpatients during daily rounds and managing assigned patients throughout the course of the day.
• Participating in ongoing research and quality improvement initiatives, as well as facilitation of patient/family and multidisciplinary team education.
To qualify, you must have:
• A minimum of 2 years of Pediatric ICU RN experience
• 1-2 years of Pediatric acute care NP experience is preferred
• 40 hours/week: days with a maximum of every third weekend
• Family or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (FNP or PNP)
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 for full-time NP hires (who have not worked at BCH in the past 2 years.)
For hires made after 11/3/21.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, pension, tuition reimbursement and discounted rates on MBTA passes (50% off).
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.