Nurse Practitioner - Medical-Surgical
At Boston Children’s Hospital, great things happen everywhere you look. We’re deeply committed to creating a best-in-class work environment at all levels that includes the opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enjoy the resources and freedom you need. Make our next success story your own.
This Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
• Providing care to infants, children, and families for management of critical illnesses.
• Collaborating with the supervising physician.
• Assessing the health status of individuals and families by obtaining a health and medical history, performing physical exams, and diagnosing health and developmental problems.
• Participating with ongoing research in the Medical- Surgical ICU.
• Offering expertise as consultant and educator to nursing staff.
• Full time, 40 hour/week position, day/evening/night and every 3rd weekend rotations; 12 hour shifts.
To qualify, you must have:
• A minimum of 2 years inpatient pediatric experience - ICU or ED preferred
• 2 years Pediatric NP experience
• Would consider new graduate nurse practitioner with 4+ years of recent pediatric critical care experience
• Master’s Degree with current NP license
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 for full-time NP hires (who have not worked at BCH in the past 2 years.)
For hires made after 11/3/21.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Our 30-bed MSICU cares for medical and surgical patients ranging for newborn to early adult. The patient population is diverse with a variety of medical and surgical needs. Our newborn population is primarily patients with congenital diaphragmatic hernia or need for extra corporal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) soon after birth. The children and early adults have a variety of diagnoses including but not limited to acute respiratory distress syndrome, multiple trauma, septic shock, congenital malformations, and liver, lung and kidney transplantation. Become an integral part of a team that believes in the value of personalized care and the power of multidisciplinary teams to provide the very best care possible to our patients and their families.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.