Nurse Practitioner - Intermediate Care
At Boston Children’s Hospital, great things happen everywhere you look. We’re deeply committed to creating a best-in-class work environment at all levels that includes the opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enjoy the resources and freedom you need. Make our next success story your own.
Opportunities available across multiple Critical Care Units including Cardiac ICU, Medical ICU, Medical/Surgical ICU and Neonatal ICU.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
• First-line care of patients in ICU settings, including assessment, diagnosis, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, bedside procedures, and family centered care of patients and their families.
• Consulting in an interdisciplinary manner on all assigned inpatients during daily rounds and managing assigned patients throughout the course of the day.
• Participating in ongoing research and quality improvement initiatives, as well as facilitation of patient/family and multidisciplinary team education.
To qualify, you must have:
• A minimum of 2 years of Pediatric/Neonatal ICU RN experience.
• 1-2 years of Pediatric acute care NP experience is preferred.
• Family, Pediatric or Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (FNP,PNP,NNP).
• BLS and PALS/ACLS Certification
In this position, you will be part of the esteemed Critical Care team at our leading-edge Hale Clinical Building, expected to open in early 2022. Though this is a future opportunity, we are hiring and training for all team members prior to the building’s opening.
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 for full-time NP hires (who have not worked at BCH in the past 2 years.)
For hires made after 11/3/21.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.