Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
At Boston Children’s Hospital, great things happen everywhere you look. We’re deeply committed to creating a best-in-class work environment at all levels that includes the opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enjoy the resources and freedom you need. Make our next success story your own.
This Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will be responsible for:
• Caring for post-surgical inpatient pediatric cardiac patients.
• Working collaboratively in a family-centered environment.
• Day/night rotating, three 12-hour shifts, every third weekend.
To qualify, you must have:
• A Master of Science in Nursing or a Master of Science in Physician Assistant. MA License.
• 2 plus years of current Nurse Practitioner experience preferred.
• Would consider new graduate Nurse Practitioners with 3-5 years strong pediatric cardiac RN experience and clinical knowledge or pediatric critical care knowledge.
• 2 plus years of current Physician Assistant experience with strong pediatric cardiac experience and clinical knowledge or pediatric critical care knowledge.
The Cardiovascular Program at Boston Children's Hospital is a world leader in pediatric cardiovascular services and has pioneered treatments that have dramatically improved the survival rates for fetuses, infants, children, teens, and adults with congenital or acquired heart defects. Care is provided for patients in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings. These settings include: a 29 bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care unit; a 44 bed medical/surgical cardiovascular unit; a Cardiac Catheterization suite that includes 4 cardiac catheterization laboratories and a 10 bed Recovery Room; 3 Cardiac Operating Rooms; an on-site Outpatient Clinic; and 12 off-site outpatient cardiac satellite clinics. The Outpatient Clinic area includes facilities for echocardiography, exercise physiology testing, and electrophysiology testing.
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 for full-time NP hires (who have not worked at BCH in the past 2 years.)
For hires made after 11/3/21.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.