Travel Contract | Operating Room RN | Chicago | IL
As an Operating Room Nurse, you will be responsible for providing nursing care that is goal-directed and adapted to the needs of an individual, a family and/or community during health and illness.
In this role, the Operating Room Nurse will provide nursing care based on knowledge, skills and standards of practice which provide a foundation that allows the nurse to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care being provided.
Each professional nurse assumes primary responsibility and accountability for all nursing care provided by him/her and those directly under their supervision. The nurse is part of the multi-disciplinary team which works collaboratively in providing care to patients.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes assessment skills to determine patient needs in order to provide comprehensive patient/family care for patients from neonate to geriatric population.
- Identifies learning needs of patients and their family which directly influence patient recovery and develops teaching methods to enhance learning. • Implements nursing actions based on scheduled surgery, patient assessment, patient developmental needs and incorporates actions into written plan of care.
- Evaluates care given and allows for alterations in nursing interventions to meet the changing needs or conditions of the patient. Documents appropriately in patient care records.
- Successfully completes unit based and hospital competencies as designated.
- Competently performs nursing treatments and procedures according to hospital policy and nursing practice within clinical specialty as documented by the respective clinical rotational checklists.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Prepares and administers medication/treatment according to the physician's orders utilizing knowledge base to assure patient safety.
- Works collaboratively with other health team members in providing a holistic approach to health care. Communicates changes to all team members as appropriate.
- Documents all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge according to hospital policies.
- Incorporates discharge planning measures into daily practice in order to provide patients with smooth transition from hospital to home.
- Current RN Illinois license
- Minimum of 1 year of Surgical/OR experience required
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; BSN required
- Additional Clinical Certifications
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Card
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Card
- COVID Vaccination Record(s)
- Driver's License
- Drug Screening Results
- Flu Vaccination Record
- Professional References
- MMR Vaccination Record
- Personal Protective Equipment Fit Test
- Physical Exam Certificate
- State License(s)
- PPD/TB Screening Results
- Hep B
- Titers Test Results
- Other Vaccination Records
- EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS:
- Background Check(s)
- Provider Confirmation Sheet
- Skills Checklist