|OR Director needed in Borger, TX|
|Golden Plains Community Hospital is seeking an OR Director. This is a permanent assignment.
RN Director, Perioperative Surgical
Operating Room/Day Surgery/PACU/Anesthesiology
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 6a- 2:30p - plus ON CALL
Must live within a 30 minute response time of facility
1. Graduate of an accredited school as a Registered Nurse licensed by the State of Texas.
2. Current BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC preferred.
3. Must be able to provide direct and supervised patient care of all ages.
4. Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking according to standards of
care and practice.
5. Demonstrates leadership, teaching and management skills.
6. Must be familiar with the standards of care regarding the specific department the Director works in.
7. Five years clinical experience with a minimum of three years management/supervisory experience in a
8. CNOR Preferred.
1. Oversee and manage Day Surgery, Operating Rooms, Sterile Processing, Endoscopy, PACU and Anesthesiology with 24 hour accountability
2. Responsible for coordinating staff
3. Responsible for both clinical and financial performance
4. Must be able to provide direct patient care in the surgical setting, including knowledge of surgical instruments, machines and equipment
5. Timely and appropriate communication with staff and medical staff
6. Knowledge of appropriate regulations including but not limited to OSHA, TSDHS, CMS
7. Ability to implement teaching/learning strategies
8. Development and implementation of clinical competencies for nursing staff
9. Development and updating of policies and procedures
10. Monitoring productivity of staff through hospital productivity system
11. Participation in collection and evaluation of data regarding performance improvement activities
12. Participates in budget, both operational and capital, preparation and control
13. Obtains quotes for needed equipment as well as arranges for maintenance of equipment
Responsible for supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide accessible, cost effective, quality care to the citizens of Hutchinson County from infancy through geriatrics. The Director provides the department with the expertise and guidance for quality patient care by providing operational, financial, personnel and strategic planning issues within the department. Interacts with the hospital and represents the department. Promotes teamwork with physicians, personnel and other departments. Utilizes knowledge of standards, policies and procedures as outlined for the hospital. Identifies and provides education and training for staff to meet the special needs of the department’s patients. The departments that report to the Perioperative Surgical Director are: Operating Room, Day Surgery, Anesthesiology and PACU.|