Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician opportunity in Pittsburgh, PA
Pediatrics - Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Sign Into see complete details
Shift: Day Job
- The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh are recruiting for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor outside the tenure stream in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- The candidate must have completed a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship program and be Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Our Division currently has over twenty pediatric emergency medicine faculty, general pediatrician faculty and over twenty advanced practice providers on our staff.
- We have an outstanding pediatric emergency medicine fellowship training program, including nine fellows.
- The Emergency Department at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh is a level I trauma center and has an annual volume of more than 80,000 visits; 17% of these patients are admitted, including approximately 1,700 annual admissions to the Trauma Service.
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh is the major referral site for western Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio and northern West Virginia for ill and injured children.
- Faculty responsibilities include patient care, house staff and student education and academic pursuits.
- Division faculty teach pediatric emergency medicine fellows, pediatric residents from Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, emergency medicine residents from the University of Pittsburgh Department of Emergency Medicine and visiting residents from area programs in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.
- All our faculty members have scholarly interests and a long history of academic productivity and mentorship.
- Academic rank will be offered commensurate with experience and achievement.
- A very competitive salary and benefits package will be offered as well. The University of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
- Candidate must be Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Must be qualified for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
We'll be contacting you regarding your application on the phone number provided.
Note: Your information will never be shared without your permission.