Per Diem Special Procedures Technologist | Sign On Bonus: $5,000 | White Plains, NY
Department: Radiology Interventional
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Day shift variable, Days variable
Sign On Bonus: $5,000
Salary Range: $80,964.00 -$89,934.00
Title: Special Procedures Technologist
Department/Location: Radiology- Interventional Radiology
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Radiology Clinical Excellence
- Performs special procedures, interventional imaging. Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists radiologists when needed. Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
- Adheres to established standards of care.
- Pursues appropriate continuing education.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties. Adheres to established customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance.
- Exercises professional judgments in the performance of procedures.
- Provides patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepares and positions patients correctly for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation.
- Assumes responsibilities for designated areas/procedures, producing good technical images, and reviewing completed scans.
- Assists physicians during procedures as necessary.
- Participates in On Call rotation.
- Performs quality assurance and calibrations as needed.
- Works during emergency procedures and situations in the department.
- Maintains cleanliness of areas, equipment, and accessories, reporting malfunctions to Supervisor/Manager.
- Prints patient CDs when necessary.
- Manages routine office duties using EMR and PACS systems, including notifying front desk staff upon exam completion.
- May serve as an instructor or preceptor.
- Introduces and educates patients or family members about ordered examinations.
- Provides specialized care for various patient populations (pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric).
- Attends staff meetings and in-services.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- The IR/Special Procedure Technologist must be a graduate of an allied health education and accredited radiography school or hospital-based program.
- NY State DOH Licensure or Limited Permit required.
- ARRT registered (RT) and radiograph (R).
- ARRT Vascular Interventional certification within 1 year of hire is highly preferred.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed with 90 days of hire.
- 2 years of neuro-interventional experience is required for newly hired Special Procedures Technologists working in Neuro Interventional Radiology (NIR).
- Existing employees must demonstrate competency to perform NIR procedures.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand and communicate the English language.
- Retain composure under stress
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance