|Physiatrist (PMR) needed in charming Mason City, IA|
| Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation|| Mason City, IA|
|Mercy North Iowa is seeking a Physiatrist. This is a Permanent assignment. Start Date: ASAP Shift Type: Day
This position is accepting MD or DO providers identified as Physiatrist – please note this position is not a psychiatrist opening as we know the specialty title can get mixed up.
- Mercy North Iowa will accept BC/BE qualified candidates
- **Client will accept new grads for this position!
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding physical and mental health.
- Refers patients to appropriate specialists.
- Provides immediate evaluation and treatment for emergency medical problems.
- Directs emergency personnel in transport of the patient.
- Documents all patient care activities and follow-up care.
- Assists Clinic Manager in assessing/maintaining equipment, pharmaceutical and recordkeeping needs.
- Treat patients of all ages
- Have a broad medical expertise that allows them to treat disabling conditions throughout a person’s lifetime
- Diagnose and treat pain as a result of an injury, illness, or disabling condition
- Determine and lead a treatment/prevention plan
- Lead a team of medical professionals, which include physical therapists, occupational therapists, and physician extenders to optimize patient care
- Work with other physicians, which may include primary care physicians, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, and many others.
- Treat the whole person, not just the problem area
Please apply here or contact me with any questions|