Physiatrist (PMR) needed in charming Mason City, IA
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Mason City, IA
Mercy North Iowa is seeking a Physiatrist. This is a Permanent assignment. Start Date: ASAP Shift Type: Day
This position is accepting MD or DO providers identified as Physiatrist – please note this position is not a psychiatrist opening as we know the specialty title can get mixed up.
- Mercy North Iowa will accept BC/BE qualified candidates
- **Client will accept new grads for this position!
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding physical and mental health.
- Refers patients to appropriate specialists.
- Provides immediate evaluation and treatment for emergency medical problems.
- Directs emergency personnel in transport of the patient.
- Documents all patient care activities and follow-up care.
- Assists Clinic Manager in assessing/maintaining equipment, pharmaceutical and recordkeeping needs.
- Treat patients of all ages
- Have a broad medical expertise that allows them to treat disabling conditions throughout a person’s lifetime
- Diagnose and treat pain as a result of an injury, illness, or disabling condition
- Determine and lead a treatment/prevention plan
- Lead a team of medical professionals, which include physical therapists, occupational therapists, and physician extenders to optimize patient care
- Work with other physicians, which may include primary care physicians, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons, and many others.
- Treat the whole person, not just the problem area
Please apply here or contact me with any questions
Apply to Job
We connect clinicians with hospitals directly, bypassing external staffing agencies or recruiters.