North Platte, NE
Great Plains Health - Spine Center is seeking a PA. This is a permanent assignment.
Office Location: Office is located in the Physician Office Building across the street from the hospital.
Current Physicians: Currently have one full time physician with opening for mid-level provider.
- Mix of inpatient and outpatient: 70% outpatient with
regular hospital consults and surgery cases
- Work week is typically 3-4 days in clinic for mid-level;
provider has 2 half days and one full clinic day per
week with current surgery blocks all day Tuesday and
- Midlevel provider expected to assist physician in all
surgery cases and follow patient care post-surgery,
both in the hospital setting and in the provider
- Number of patients seen per day – for the salary
being offered, midlevel provider is expected to see
patients in the practice setting in conjunction with the
provider, with growth in the area of managing
patients who are medically stable or need follow-up
from surgical procedures to allow increased access
to new patients on the provider schedule.
-- Office Hours: 8a-5p
-- Expectation is that mid-level would start seeing
patients before 9a daily.
-- Hospital consults – Approximately 4-6 per week
- Staff available -- Full-time office manager, 1 full-time
RN, full-time diagnostic imaging tech for surgery and
POC imaging, full-time office assistant.
- Staffing expectations -- RN or MA specific to PA
would be considered with volume justification
- Call Expectations – participate in call in conjunction
with provider; meet daily consults on in-patient units
and hospital ER
- How long is the wait for an appointment : 1- 2 weeks
- EMR – EPIC
At Great Plains Health Spine Center, our goal is to help patients regain full function as safely and quickly as possible. We feature the only comprehensive, patient-focused multidisciplinary spine team in west-central Nebraska. Together with our referring providers and advanced nursing care specialists, we guide patients through diagnosis and treatment and on to enjoying their lives again. With dedicated outpatient clinic and in-hospital programs, our integrated team approach leads to seamless coordination of care and quality outcomes.
Disorders we treat
- Arthritis of the spine
- Degenerative disk disease
- Slipped disk
- Spinal instability
- Spinal stenosis
- Strains and sprains
For those individuals who do not respond well to aggressive nonsurgical care, our multidisciplinary
spine team offers some of the most current and advanced surgical solutions to treat spinal conditions:
- Micro-discectomy for lumbar disk herniations
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for vertebral
- Cervical discectomy and fusion for cervical disk
SPINAL CONDITIONS AND MAJOR INPATIENT SURGERIES
- Reconstructive surgery of the cervical, thoracic and
lumbar spine, including disk replacement
- Degenerative conditions of the spine
- Spinal trauma
- Scoliosis surgery
- Spinal tumor
- EMR: Epic
- Salary will depend on experience - FIRST ASSIST
- Full Benefits offered along w/ 4% matching 401K and
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Credentialing Time Frame: 30 days
Great Plains Health in North Platte, Nebraska, is a nonprofit, fully accredited, 116-bed regional referral
center serving west Nebraska, northern Kansas and northern Colorado. In total, our primary and secondary service areas span 34 counties, 136,000 lives and approximately 67,832 square miles, about the size of the state of Pennsylvania. With nearly 100 physicians representing 30 medical specialties, the Great Plains Health system offers advanced medical services, including heart and vascular, cancer, orthopedic services, women's services, and a level III trauma center. The system employs approximately 1,100 employees and has more than 200 volunteers. The range of patient populations served includes neonatal, pediatric, adult, obstetric and geriatric.