Physician Assistants (FT/PT) Opportunity in Las Vegas, NV
Dispatch Health is actively recruiting Physician Assistants with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care or Internal Medicine to join our growing team serving the Las Vegas community.
Type - Full Time/ Part Time
What You'll Do
- Work as part of a clinical care team and individually, as appropriate for the service line to deliver care in the patient’s home through our innovative in-home care service lines (i.e., Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced Care, Tele-presentation and others). This involves being in a mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient’s care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Lead your practice and always do what’s right for the patient.
What You Need
- Minimum of two years of experience as an APP in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Those with less than two years of experience as an APP, but with two or more years’ experience as a EM/Hospitalist residency (PA’s) are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Physician Assistant
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
What makes us different?
- We spend time with our patients to treat the whole person, on average 40 minutes.
- Our patient-centric approach consistently results in a NPS score of 95 or better.
- We offer flexible work schedules and PTO.
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time employees, with a company match.
- We support professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Our clinicians align with our guiding principles.