Primary Care Family Practice Physician
Job Summary: The Primary Care Physician is primarily responsible for providing medical services for the patients of Omni Family Health, a community health center. The Primary Care Physician may be directed by the Chief Clinical Services Officer to perform other duties in accordance with funding agencies requirements, contractual agreements, and policies, procedures, and protocols established by the Omni Family Health Board of Directors.
• Assume quality of care for all patients.
• Adhere to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
• Assist the Associate Director of Medical Services in establishing medical policies,
• Abide to quality improvement procedures, evaluating current practices, policies and procedures.
• Recommend changes in all clinical areas, and/or in general areas to improve the patient flow, medical records, billing practices, and appointment practices.
• Assist the Associate Director of Medical Services in designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs for the Omni Family Health, patients and clinical staff.
• Will be responsible for the directing and supervising the clinical staff, as appropriate.
• Maintain an affiliation with professional groups, medical associations, and medical organizations, as per policies established and represent Omni Family Health in all meetings of these associations and organizations.
• Other duties as required by the funding agencies to carry out contractual agreements and/or as established by the Omni Family Health, Management and Board of Directors.
• Must become familiar with the Federal and State rules, regulations, and practices in a Community Health Center.
• Become familiar with Federal and State Health care program requirements and assist in carrying out these programs.
• Assist in developing the health care plan and review of the program requirements, and recommend changes when necessary to carry out the health plan as required.
• HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
• Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
• QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
• IT - Required use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Healthport, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
** Bilingual in Spanish Desired (not required)
• Graduate from an accredited medical school.
• Must have a valid California Practice License.
• Professional clinical experience in specific area of practice, i.e. “Family Practice, Internal Medicine, etc.”
• Board certification or eligibility for said certification highly desirable.
• Interest in designing and evaluating an efficient health care system in a community health center setting highly desirable.
• Authoritative knowledge of the principles of practice, principles of general management and specifically in personnel management and techniques in running a medical practice in a community health center are highly desirable.
• Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
• Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion, and economic status.
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Exempt