Psychiatry - GME
Osceola Regional Medical Center in Kissimmee, FL is currently seeking a board-certified psychiatrist to join as Clinic Director at our new resident outpatient clinic. This would be an employed, GME faculty position involving teaching and supervising residents. This candidate will also be considered for the position of Associate Program Director for the University of Central Florida (UCF)/HCA Healthcare Psychiatry residency program which began in July 2018 with 6 residents per year, reaching 24 residents in 2021.
The Clinic Director will be primarily responsible for supervising residents in the outpatient clinic and overseeing the clinic management. In certain situations, the Clinic Director will also assist with inpatient or consultation-liaison duties. Weekend call is supported by the residents. This position comes with competitive compensation, a UCF volunteer faculty appointment, benefits and the opportunity to work in an academically enriched environment alongside residents and medical students.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years of outpatient experience plus some prior leadership and/or management experience.
Below is a description of all our current Behavioral Health services at Osceola Regional Medical Center:
Outpatient- (PHP) Partial Hospitalization Program/ (IOP) Intensive Outpatient Program
- Patients receive group therapy and can return to the comfort of their homes.
- Great option for patients who require additional therapy, but do not require hospitalization
- Patients are under care of a psychiatrist and licensed behavioral health professional.
- PHP – Minimum 4-6 therapy sessions per day and approximately 35 hours a week.
- IOP- Minimum 15 hours of therapy sessions per week.
Inpatient- Behavioral Health Unit/Baker Act receiving facility/ Crisis Stabilization
- 24/7 nursing and psychiatric care
- 25 bed secured facility
- 6 Bed Emergency Room Behavioral Health Intake Unit
- Direct admission capability
- Family waiting room, group therapy room and activities room.
- Semi-private suites including two safe rooms for de-escalation.
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed level II trauma hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County. The hospital features all private patient rooms and is recognized for its compassionate care, cutting edge technology, modern facilities and dedicated medical staff.
Providing the highest quality of care and commitment to our patients is proven by the wide variety of accessible services, highly trained healthcare professionals, well respected and skilled medical staff with the most advanced technology available today – all within one medical facility. Osceola Regional Medical Center is the preferred hospital in the community.
Apply to Job
We connect clinicians with hospitals directly, bypassing external staffing agencies or recruiters.