Registered Nurse | Pediatric | NY
Purpose of Your Position:
To plan, implement and evaluate nursing care provided, including restorative care for residents. As the direct care provider of health services, he/she shares appropriate information with all other health services staff in an effort to assist each resident in achieving his/her maximum level of development.
Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing the nursing process, the RN assesses the resident, plans intervention and evaluates the outcome of care provided
- Performs treatments and special care as required, ex. tracheotomy care, central venous lines, oxygen administration, cast care, dressing changes, etc.
- Administer medication and immunization as ordered
- Confer with physician or other health team members regarding patient care management
- Assist the physician in performing physical examinations and treatments
- Evaluate the effects of prescribed treatment including orthotics and report same to appropriate disciplines
- Observe, report and record abnormal vital signs, seizures activity, other disease manifestations and other clinically significant data
- Implement plan of care as outlines in the resident’s Interdisciplinary Care Plan including positioning, play, feeding techniques, behavior modifications plan etc.
- Directs and supervises CNAs, unit a clerk, LPN and other RN’s when in charge
- Carries out end of shift responsibility e.g. supplies are available for next shift’. Unit is clean and tidy; all documentation is complete and accurate
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your supervisor, department director, and/or administrator
One (1) year clinical experience in a pediatric and/or adolescent chronic /rehabilitative care facility preferred
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- RN License
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nursing preferred
- Current BCLS certification