Registered Nurse, Pediatrics | Brooklyn, NY
Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in coordinating and implementing procedures and treatments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assesses the patient’s physiologic health and psychosocial health status
- Develops patient outcome statement (s) and establishes individualized patient goals.
- Formulates the plan of care and establishes the priorities necessary to achieve expected outcome.
- Maintains constant vigilance over patients care to ensure that safety precautions/needs are followed. (Side rails up, call lights and bedside stand within reach, etc.).
- Evaluates care provided for patient outcome.
- Collaborates with other care team members in planning and carrying out treatment regimen; provides direction to other members of the care team.
- Performs grade I-IV Decubitus Care.
- Uses leadership skills/clinical judgment in coordinating patient care and directing/delegating activities of the patient care unit team.
- Administers medications correctly and safely.
- Participates in patient and family education.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Must have at least 1 years of pediatric experience.