Department/Unit Med Surg/Critical Care Unit
Position Title RN - CCU - Aberdeen
Position Type Contract-Traveler
Number of Open Positions 5
Shift Day/Night Rotating
Length of Assignment 13 Weeks
Will be expected to float to MS and take patients if CCU is slow, it is a shared unit.
can work 36 or 48 hours with OT after 40
will do min 10 week assignments.
1. General Job duties. Types of procedures required.
• Provide individualized nursing care of critically ill, adolescent (16+) through geriatric medical / surgical patients
• Assessment of all patients must have strong critical thinking skills to analyze data and appropriately respond to changing situations.
• Interpreting and responding to hemodynamic monitoring results
• Anticipating and responding to patient complications, situations, and/or crisis
• Must be self-directed
• Expected to utilize technology to enhance quality patient care
• Expected to collaborate with physicians and other healthcare workers, delegate and supervise the unlicensed personnel
• Must have effective communication skills to collaborate, negotiate, and resolve conflicts, situations, and/or issues with peers, other healthcare workers, physicians and/or patients/families.
• When students are assigned to CCU, may be asked to supervise as part of their training.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept.
• EPIC One Chart computerized charting
• PLUM IV “smart” pumps
• Central lines, arterial lines, ventilators, IABP
• Overhead patient lift system
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
• Prefer minimum 2 yrs CCU experience
• Prior Med/Surg or ED experience a plus!
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required.
• SD RN or multistate compact RN License
• BLS & ACLS required
• CCRN and/or TNCC a plus!
5. Shift or schedule requirements.
• CCU minimum staffing is 2 RNs when there is a patient in the department, will not work alone
• No call requirement
• Every other weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) required and a holiday rotation
• Rotation of days/ nights or straight nights available
• Work 12 hr shifts 0700-1930 or 1900-0730
6. Floating to over units/departments.
• May float to Med/Surg if CCU census is low.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
• CCU has 8 private rooms
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit.
• Critical care patients are 1:1 or 1:2
• We often have Med/Surg overflow in CCU, those patients are 1:4 nurse/patient ratio
9. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
• There will be 2 days of Sanford Hospital orientation and 1-2 days of unit specific orientation. Depending on prior experience and familiarity with our computerized charting and equipment.
Share this Job
Apply to Job
We connect clinicians with hospitals directly, bypassing external staffing agencies or recruiters.