Xpress Wellness Urgent Care is seeking Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant providers
Guymon, OK community needs a new solution to serve their patients due to the local hospital shutting down departments. Xpress Wellness is bringing their urgent care services to their community to offset the lack of services the community has available. Xpress Wellness is NOT part of Memorial Hospital of Texas County and will proudly accept candidates looking to leave MHTC.
About Xpress Wellness Urgent Care: Xpress Wellness Urgent Care provides immediate treatment for non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries, sports physicals and employer services on a walk-in basis, no appointment is needed. Xpress Wellness offers a great working environment with state-of-the art urgent care facilities, attractive work schedules, competitive wages and incentives. Helping people get better is our business so taking care of our people is critical to our success.
Order Type: Locum Tenens, Locum Tenens to Permanent Hire, or Direct Hire available
Specialty Type: Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Start Date: September 2019
Location Address: South of 24th Street on Highway 412, Guymon, OK
Clinic Hours: Mon – Sat Hours: 8A – 8P and Sun Hours: 1P – 7P
EMR: Practice Velocity
Locum to perm candidates or perm – perm buyout fee is $5,000. Conversion is applied after 540 locum hours.
Daily Expected Census: TBD - clinic is not open yet. Looking for candidates eager to grow with new clinic.
Staff: Fulltime NP/PA providers daily with support staff. NO Physicians on staff at the clinic.
· Medical degree from accredited university, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant programs
· MUST have active and unrestricted KS state medical license
· DEA or ability to obtain DEA
· Certification in internal medicine, family practice, emergency medicine or another recognized specialty, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant credentials.
· Understanding of medical coding and billing.
· Knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA, HIPAA, blood borne pathogens and others.
· Competent with common PC applications including Internet, Email and Microsoft Office.
· Ability to supervise, collaborate with and evaluate new and current staff.
· DOT certified preferred
Provides primary and episodic care to patients following accepted standards and protocols. Must be able to work and balance patient load in a fast paced environment while providing quality care to each individual.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Perform complete physical exams and assessments of patients including urgent, emergent and non-urgent presentation.
Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
Perform procedures including laceration repair, orthopedics and provide referrals to medical specialists.
Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow-up notes.